By Shaikh Muhammad as-Saleh Al-'Uthaimeen
Translated by Dr. Maneh Al-Johani Source:

Table of *******s
Translator's Foreword
Preface of Shaykh Abd al Aziz Ibn Baz

Author's Introduction

Chapter I: Our Creed
Belief in Allah's Lordship, Oneness, and Attributes Allah's Will Universal and Legal - More of Allah's Attributes - Describing Allah by His Revelation.

Chapter II: The Qur'an and Sunnah
Sources of His Attributes - Free From Contradictions.

Chapter III: Angels
Belief - Angel's Functions.

Chapter IV: Allah's Books
Belief - Books Known - The Qur'an Is Protected from Change - Previous ******ures Changed.

Chapter V: Messengers
Belief - The First and Last Messengers - The Best Messengers - Messengers are Human Beings - Islam The Universal and Final Message - Rightly Guided Caliphs ~ The Prophet's Companions

Chapter VI: The Day of Judgment
Belief - The Resurrection - The Records and Scales - The Prophet's Intercession - The Prophet's Pool - The Straight Path - Paradise and Hell - What Happens in the Grave

Chapter VII: Fate and the Divine Decree
Belief - Levels of Belief - Man's Free Will - No Excuse for Sinners - Evil Not Attributable to Allah

Chapter VIII: Benefits
Virtues of Belief in Allah - Virtues of Belief in Angels - Virtues of Belief in Books - Virtues of Belief in Messengers - Virtues of Belief in Day of Judgment Virtues of Belief in Fate

In the **** of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Preface of Shaykh Abd al Aziz Ibn Baz
Praise belongs to Allah alone; peace and blessing on the last Prophet, his family and his Companions.
I was introduced to the valuable and concise treatise on the Muslim's belief prepared by our brother, the great scholar Shaikh Muhammad As-Saleh al-Uthaimin. I listened to it all and found that it covers the creed of the Sunnites and the mainstream majority of the Muslims in the area of the oneness of Allah, His attributes, the belief in the angels, the books and the messengers, the Day of Judgment, and in the belief in fate and the divine decree. He succeeded in collecting what the seeker of knowledge and every Muslim needs for his belief in Allah, His angels, His ******ures, His messengers, the Day of Judgment, and fate. He included in his treatise useful information related to the Muslim's beliefs that are not readily available in many of the books written on these topics. May Allah reward the author, increase him in knowledge and guidance, and make this book and his other books most useful. May Allah, the Hearer and the Close, bless us and him and all our brothers and make us among those who are guiding and rightly guided to call people to Allah with sure knowledge.
Dictated by 'Abd al-Aziz ibn Baz, may Allah forgive him and shower peace and blessing on our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and his Companions.
Translator's Foreword
I found this treatise of the Muslim's creed a concise and useful presentation of a very important topic. The need for this treatise, especially among non-Arabic speaking readers, cannot be overestimated. Therefore, I decided to translate it and make it accessible to English readers.
I would like to draw the attention of the readers to the following points:

- I gave the book the title THE MUSLIM'S BELIEF instead of the author's Aqidatu Ahl As Sunnah wa al Jama'ah, which may be translated as The Creed of the People of the Sunnah and Majority. I think my preference is justified by: a) The title I preferred is shorter; b) The two titles have almost the same meaning; c) The original title contains some technical terms that are not only difficult to translate, but also difficult to understand by many readers; and d) The original title may an***onize some readers who are misinformed about the true designations of the words in the original title.
- I provided, in parentheses after every Qur'anic verse, the numbers of chapters and verses quoted by the author without giving their proper reference. This I deemed useful for readers who do not know the Qur'an by heart and who would like to check these verses.

- Because the author, in most cases, quotes or paraphrases some of the prophetic traditions without indicating them to the readers, I tried, whenever I could recognize these traditions, to put them in quotations and to cite in parentheses the prophetic collections in which they are reported. In most cases, I limited myself to the collections of Bukhari and Muslim whenever the saying is quoted from them. If it is not in these two collections, I mention one or two of the other collections that contain the quoted saying.
- I provided the arrangement of the **** into chapters and headlines for ease of reading and understanding. I also provided a table of *******s for ease of reference.

- In translating the Qur'anic verses quoted in this treatise, I did not follow any specific translation of the Qur'an. I benefited from more than one, but followed my own preference.

It is my sincere desire and hope that this book would be of great help to those who consult it. Please include in your prayer all those who contributed to its present shape.
Dr. Maneh Hammad al-Johani