The saved sect
By Shaikh Muhammad Ibn Jameel Zainoo (1)
1. Allaah says: "And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e., this Qur'an), and be not divided among yourselves." Surah Aali-`Imraan [3:103]
2. And He says: "And do not be among the polytheists. Of those who split up their religion and became sects, each sect rejoicing in that which is with it." Surat-ur-Room [30:31-32]
3. The Messenger of Allaah said: "I counsel you to have Taqwaa of Allaah and to hear and obey, even if an Abyssinian slave were to command you. For, verily, whoever amongst you lives (to grown old), he will see many differences. So stick to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided khaleefahs. Cling tightly onto it and hold onto it with your molar teeth. And beware of newly invented matters. For, indeed, every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is a thing that leads astray, and everything that leads astray is in the Hellfire." 2
4. And he also said: "Indeed those from before you from the People of the Book divided into seventy-two groups. And, indeed, this group (Muslims) will divide into seventy-three. Seventy-two groups will be in the Hellfire and one of them will be in Paradise. And it is the Jamaa'ah (group)." 3
And in another narration, he said: "Everyone of them in the Hellfire, except for one group that which I and my companions are upon." 4
5. Ibn Mas'ood said: "The Messenger of Allaah drew a line for us and then said: 'This is the Straight Path of Allaah.' And he drew lines on the left and right of it, and then said: 'These are paths of which there is not one except that there is a devil upon it calling towards it.' Then he recited the statements of Allaah 5: 'And verily, this is My Straight Path, so follow it, and do not follow (other) paths for they will separate you away from His path." 6
6. Shaikh ' Abd-ul-Qaadir Al-Jeelaanee Rahimahullaah said: "As for the saved sect, then they are the Ahl-us-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah. And there is no **** for Ahl-us-Sunnah except for one and that is Ashaab-ul-hadeeth (those who stick to the hadeeth)." 7
7, Allaah, has commanded us to hold tightly onto the Glorious Qur'an, and to not be like the polytheists who divide their religion into sects and parties. And the honorable Messenger has informed us that the Jews and the Christians have divided into many sects, and that the Muslims will divide into more sects than them. And that these groups will subjected to the entrance into the Hellfire due to their deviation and their distancing away from the Book of their Lord and Sunnah of their Prophet. He also informed us that one saved sect from among them will enter Paradise, and it is the Jamaa'ah (group), those who cling tightly onto the book of Allaah and the authentic Sunnah, and the actions of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah.
O Allaah! Make us from among the members of the Saved Sect and give victory to the Muslims so that they may be from among them.
The Methodology Of The Saved Sect
1. The Saved Sect is upon the methodology that the Messenger was upon in his life and the methodology of his companions after him. And that was (the following of ) the Glorious Qur'an which Allaah revealed unto His Messenger, and that which he explained to his companions by way of the ahaadeeth (narration's) that have been authentically reported on him. And he commanded the Muslims to hold tightly onto the two, by his saying: "I left upon you two things of which you will never go astray after them: The Book of Allaah and my Sunnah. They will never be separated until they return to me at the Haud (the Pond)."8
2. The Saved Sect returns to the Words of Allaah and the words of His Messenger at times of differing and controversy, acting upon the statement of Allaah, the Most High: "And if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it back to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is more suitable for final determination." Surat-un-Nisaa' [4:59].
And He also says: "But no, by your Lord, they can have no Eemaan (Faith), until they make you (O Muhammad) a judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission." Surat-un-Nisaa' [4:65].
3. The Saved Sect does not put the speech of anyone before the speech of Allaah and His Messenger, acting upon the statement of Allaah: "O you who believe! Do not be forward in the presence of Allaah and His Messenger and fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing." Surat-ul-Hujuraat [49:1].
Ibn 'Abbas said: "I fear that rocks from the heavens are about to descend upon you. I say to you: The Messenger of Allaah said, and you say: Abu Bakr and 'Umar said."
4. The Saved Sect gives importance to the Tawheed of Allaah. And that is the singling out of Allaah in terms of His worship, seeking of assistance, supplication at times of hardship and ease, scarifies, oaths, reliance, and other than that from the types of worship. It is the foundation by which the only correct Islaamic state can be established. And there is no doubt that the Shirk (association of partners with Allaah) that is currently present in the Islaamic states should be eradicated. This is because it is one of the requirements of Tawheed. Thus, victory will not come to any group that disregards Tawheed and does not oppose shirk and its types.
5. The Saved Sects revives the Sunnah of the Messenger in their act of worship, behavior and lifestyles. And due to this, they become strangers among their own people, as the Prophet has informed us would happen with his words: "Indeed Islam began as something strange and it will return to being strange as it began. So Toobaa is for the strangers." 9
And in one narration, he said: "So Toobaa 10 is for the strangers those who correct others when the people have become corrupt." 11
6. The Saved Sect does not become fanatical with the words of anyone, except for the words of Allaah and His Messenger, the one protected from sins and who do not speak from his own desire. As for other than him from among mankind, no matter how high his degree may be, then he is prone to error and sin. This is due to the statement of the Messenger: "Everyone of the tribe of Adam sins. And the best of the sinners are the ones who (constantly) make repentance." 12
Imaam Maalik Rahimahullaah said: "There is no one after the Prophet except that you may take and abandon from his statements, except the Prophet."
7. The Saved Sect are the people of Hadeeth, of whom the Prophet said: "There will not cease to be a group from my ummah, dominant upon the truth. The ones who abandon them will not be able to harm them, until the decree of Allaah comes." 13
A poet said: "The people of hadeeth are the people of the Prophet."
8. The Saved Sect honors and respects the Scholars of Islam and they do not go extremities in following anyone among them. Rather, they take the understanding from the Qur'an, the authentic Sunnah and from all of the scholars statements as long as they are in agreement with the authentic narration's and these are in agreement with their words. This is up to the point that they advise those that follow them to take from the authentic ****s and to abandon any statement that opposes it.
رد بالفيس توك يا معنمممم
يارب اغفر لعبدٍ كان كاتبه ** يا قارئ الخط قل بالله آمينا
الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع